An Estate Management Couple will run and manage an estate and may be responsible for the profitability of the estate.
Having an Estate Management Couple gives the flexibility of not only having them oversee staff, liaise with tenants and contractors on their employer’s behalf, but they are also able to oversee multiple properties and/or advise on the most cost effective way to run an estate.
An Estate Management Couple will bring efficiency combined with cost effective savings as they may advice on budget control, tendering/negotiating for contracts and overseeing projects. Having a co-dependent team makes for seamless management, a united team presence on the estate that gives a first-rate system that best represents the owner at all times.
- An Estate Management Couple cover all property management and day-to-day running of a private estate.
- An Estate Management Couple may manage multiples - a group/portfolio of buildings and land.
- Create and refine monthly, quarterly, and fiscal year budgets in cooperation with the Family Office or Accountant.
- Manage the Household/Estate operations and project-specific purchasing, payroll, insurance, etc. specific to those budgets as directed.
- Overseeing maintenance, supervising staff members, and managing budgets and events.
- Typically, an Estate Management Couple’s work is focused outside of the primary home, as land management is a vital part of the role.
- If the estate owns animals and livestock, the Estate Manager will be responsible for overseeing agricultural activities, and liaising with external employees such as vets.
- Ensuring that the land is being used to its full potential – whether for farming, commercial, or private purposes.
- Many estates are run as a business, which is why an Estate Management Couple are expected to help with profitability. Whether the estate operates as a farm, a wedding venue, or a residential complex with private tenants, the Estate Management Couple must be able to keep on top of all money coming in and out.
Working Hours of an Estate Management Couple
A live-in Estate Management Couple, typically works a 5 day week for 10 to 12 hours a day.
A full-time live-out Estate Management usually works an 8 to 10-hour day.
Salary of an Estate Management Couple
The average salary range for a live-in or live-out Estate Management Couple is £80,000 to £120,000 gross per annum in the UK.
An international House Manager’s average salary range is £100,000 to £150,000+ if they are managing multiple properties.